Our New Westminster Criminal Defence Lawyer Will Protect Your Rights
Were you arrested and charged with a crime in the New Westminster area? If so, you need to take immediate action to protect your rights, your freedom, and your future. Cases that originate in New Westminster, Surrey, Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam and several other municipalities end up in New Westminster if they are prosecuted by indictment and tried in Supreme Court. During trials and other court hearings, our location in New Westminster is a convenience that our clients appreciate.
At N.J. Preovolos Law Corporation, our New Westminster criminal defence lawyer is an aggressive, solutions-focused advocate for clients. We have represented clients in matters ranging from murder and assault to theft and mischief in the New Westminster Courthouse. Our familiarity with court staff and judges helps us serve clients as efficiently as possible. For a free, strictly confidential initial consultation, please contact us at our New Westminster law office today.
We are a Full-Service Criminal Defence Firm Serving New Westminster, BC
A criminal charge can be life-altering. If you or your family member was arrested, it is imperative that you have the right legal representation on your side. At N.J. Preovolos Law Corporation, our legal practice is devoted to criminal defence. With extensive experience advocating for clients in the New Westminster Courthouse, we are qualified to assist you with the full spectrum of criminal charges. Along with other types of criminal cases, our New Westminster criminal defence lawyer has experience with:
- Assault: In British Columbia, assault is defined as intentionally applying physical force to another person without lawful consent. Our New Westminster criminal defence lawyer handles all types of assault charges, including simple assault, assault causing bodily harm, and assault with a deadly weapon.
- Domestic Violence: Domestic violence is a serious criminal offence in New Westminster. These cases should be handled with a heightened degree of care and sensitivity. If you or someone you know was arrested on a domestic violence or spousal assault charge, contact our New Westminster criminal defence law firm for immediate help.
- Driving Offences: While a simple traffic ticket may not be a big deal, there are a number of different driving offences that can result in serious criminal charges. At N.J. Preovolos Law Corporation, our New Westminster defence lawyer can represent you in drunk driving cases, drugged driving cases, and other serious traffic violations.
- Shoplifting: Shoplifting charges should not be taken lightly. A conviction could carry significant consequences, potentially including imprisonment. Our New Westminster shoplifting defence lawyer will protect your rights and help you find the best solution.
- Fraud Charges: A fraud allegation can carry serious professional and legal consequences. Our New Westminster criminal defence lawyer has the skills and knowledge needed to effectively defend you against fraud charges and other types of white-collar criminal offences.
- Employee Crimes: We represent employees who are facing criminal charges or a criminal investigation in New Westminster, including embezzlement and other types of serious professional misconduct.
- Drug Offences: Were you arrested on a drug crime charge in New Westminster, British Columbia? If so, you need an aggressive defence lawyer in your corner. With experience handling drug possession and drug trafficking cases, our team is ready to take action to protect your rights and help you find the best solution.
- Sex Offences: A sex crimes charge can carry a deep personal stigma. It is crucial that these types of cases are handled properly by a British Columbia defence lawyer with the proper legal experience. If you or your loved one is facing a sex crimes charge in New Westminster, our law firm can help.
- Firearms Offences: Guns and weapons charges carry serious criminal penalties, including the potential for long-term imprisonment. These allegations require a proactive defence. Call our New Westminster firearm charges defence lawyer today for immediate help.
- Murder/Manslaughter: As a leading New Westminster criminal defence lawyer, Nicholas J. Preovolos is qualified to represent defendants facing the most serious of criminal allegations, including homicide cases. If your loved one was arrested for manslaughter or murder, call a lawyer immediately.
How New Westminster Defence Lawyer Nicholas J. Preovolos Can Help
Prosecutors are aggressive. They will waste no time in working with law enforcement and building a case. You do not want to go up against them without professional support. Our founding partner Nicholas J. Preovolos has been practicing criminal defence law in British Columbia since 1996. With experience handling a wide range of cases, he has been recognized as an exceptional lawyer by his peers. We take a truly comprehensive approach to criminal defence in New Westminster, including:
- Dropped/Reduced Charges: You are entitled to a chance to defend yourself—not just in a trial, but from the moment that a criminal investigation begins or an arrest is made. Our New Westminster criminal defence lawyer will take swift action to protect your rights, including working to get trumped-up charges reduced and unjustified charges dropped outright.
- Aggressive, Comprehensive Trial Defence: Although most criminal cases do not go to trial, Nicholas J. Preovolos is a courtroom-tested New Westminster criminal defence lawyer. We will build a thorough, well-supported defence strategy and we are always ready to take aggressive action to protect your rights.
- Limiting Long-Term Consequences: A key part of building a comprehensive criminal defence strategy is limiting the long-term impact associated with a charge. Whether you are preparing to enter a plea agreement or are in the post-trial stage of the process, our New Westminster defence lawyer will work to reduce your sentence.
Your case matters and deserves personalized representation. We know how much our clients and their families have at stake when facing criminal charges. Your entire future could be in the ling. With a passion for justice, our New Westminster criminal defence lawyer will put in the time and resources to understand your unique situation, devise a customized legal strategy, and take action to get you the best possible outcome. There is always hope.
Contact Our New Westminster Criminal Defence Lawyer for a Free Consultation
At N.J. Preovolos Law Corporation, our New Westminster criminal defence lawyer has the skills, knowledge, and experience that you can count on. If you or someone you care about was arrested and charged with a crime in New Westminster, we are available to help. Contact our team right away to set up your free, strictly confidential initial consultation. From our New Westminster office, we are well-positioned to provide criminal defence services throughout the entire region.